Sales & Prices
USB to RS232 Conversion Cable
with 5 kVolt galvanic isolation
UCAB232i is a USB to RS232 converter with 5 kVolt galvanic isolation. It is based on the FT232R chip by FTDI which ensures the best compatibility with most industrial and commercial applications.
- Full RS232 implementation
- Inputs with improved immunity to interference suitable for industrial applications
- High communication speed
- 250 kBaud guaranteed
- more than 500 kBaud typically
- Unrivalled galvanic isolation
- 5000 V DC / 1 sec.
- 2600 V AC / 1 min.
- 560 V RMS / no limit
- Enhanced ESD protection of all inputs
- ±15 kV air discharge HBM
- ±8 kV contact discharge HBM
- Extended temperature range -40 °C to +85 °C
- Enhanced durability to environmental influences
- USB 2.0 Full Speed (12 Mbps)
- LED indication for transmission and reception
- Drivers for Linux and Windows
- For OEM application, proprietary ID can be used
- Small and compact enclosure
Experienced users of similar products know that it is nothing apparent that they really work...
Many "no-name" products available for significantly lower prices in all computer shops all over the world
suffer by non-stable behavior due to questionnable quality of chips, drivers and manufacturing. Some applications
do not accept limited features of many low cost USB to RS232 converters (e.g. implementation of only some of control signals).
UCAB232i is based on integrated circuits and drivers developed in the United Kingdom with professional support
and large customer and project base. UCAB232i is designed, manufactured and production tested in Europe.